How can I synch via a direct connection? I don't see this as an option.

FlipperDipper
FlipperDipper
Community Member

How can I synch an iOS device via a direct connection such as USB? I don't see this as an option in this article but recall seeing this a few years ago as an option.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: USB
Referrer: kb:sync-options

Comments

• FlipperDipper
    FlipperDipper
    Community Member

I remember reading this article and assumed USB synching between iOS and Mac would be supported by now. Perhaps this project never got off the ground? https://blog.agilebits.com/2013/01/03/direct-syncing-in-1password-4-for-ios/

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @FlipperDipper,

Thank you for writing in with your question! And thanks for the link to the blog article you found, it helps us to know exactly what you're referring to. :)

Your guess is correct - the USB Sync feature never made it out of beta. To make a long story short, the USB Sync tool used a few undocumented APIs which resulted in some crashes that we couldn't resolve. Or to make a short story even shorter, it just didn't work very well. ;) That was one of the biggest reasons why we added a new Wi-Fi sync option to 1Password 4.

Although there's no USB Sync option, there are several other ways to sync your 1Password data. You can find information about those options here: Syncing your 1Password data

Hopefully this helps, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.