1Password Mini freezing upon reconnect

tastyroadkill
tastyroadkill
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Mac

Using a Mac with the latest OS X. Have used 1Password Mini with no problems until recently. Within the past week, the following issue has developed:

Every time I wake my macbook from sleep mode, log in to the 1Password (via Mini in the toolbar), the program freezes for about 20 seconds. I am unable to use the CMD + \ option to log into a site, and the Mini icon in the toolbar is unresponsive. After around 20 seconds the program becomes responsive. The regular 1Password program works during the frozen time - I can load it from the dock and use it.

Nothing changed on my mac in the past week to cause a conflict.

Any thoughts or ideas on the problem?

Edited to add: After posting, I found the thread below which has the same issue and requests a diagnostics report. I will try to run a report next time it happens, but request any assistance on a solution. Thanks!

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/60001/1p-mini-freezing-showing-the-dreaded-spinner-every-time-it-is-unlocked

_1Password Version: 6.2.1
_Extension Version: 4.5.5
_OS Version: 10.11.4
_Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tastyroadkill,

I'm sorry 1Password mini becomes unresponsive for a while after unlocking it!

Thank you for offering to send us a diagnostics report, but that probably won't be necessary. From your description, it sounds like a known issue our developers recently fixed. You can find more information about it in this announcement: Experiencing slow unlock issues with 1Password 6? Please read this.

As that announcement explains, this should be fixed in the latest beta of 1Password for Mac. You can [switch to the latest beta](Using 1Password betas) if you want to, or alternately you can restart 1Password mini by opening the main 1Password app and going to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Restarting mini is a temporary workaround, but should solve the problem for at least a few days at a time while waiting for a stable release that has the permanent fix.

I hope this helps, but if you have more questions about that, please let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.