Browser extension no longer working on Amazon.com

chrispix
chrispix
Community Member

I have a password saved for amazon.com, which always used to work. For at least the last week or so, when I'm on an amazon login page, my 1password entry shows up when I tap the Safari extension, but it doesn't fill in the password. I have to click into the entry, copy the password, and paste it in manually.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.2.1 (621001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:amazon, kb:ios-extension-screen-blank

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

Hi @chrispix,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Please follow the steps in our extension troubleshooting support article, in particular, the "Save the Login manually" steps under "If 1Password doesn’t ask to save a password or won’t fill on a specific website":

https://support.1password.com/extension-troubleshooting/#if-1password-doesn-t-ask-to-save-a-password-or-won-t-fill-on-a-specific-website

I just followed them and ended up with a working Amazon Login item, so I'm confident it will do the trick for you as well.

Let me know!

• chrispix
    chrispix
    Community Member

Ok, here's what I've found. If I follow those steps and re-create the login item, it works, but unfortunately it then switches the radio button from "yes, I have a password", to "no, I am a new customer", so I have to manually toggle that back to submit the form.

If I edit the login item's web form details and remove the radio button but leave everything else in place, it stops filling the form again.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for following up, @chrispix.

I'm not actually seeing a radio button on the Amazon sign-in page:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/sign-in.html

I do remember seeing one a while ago, but AFAIK they redesigned the page:

Visit that exact URL and save a new Login item there.

• Does the Login item you saved at that URL work on that URL?
    • Does it work on a URL where there is a radio button?
    • What is the URL where you are still seeing the radio button?
    • What happens if you create a new Login item in the main 1Password app instead of in your browser (File > New Item > Login)?
  • chrispix
    chrispix
    Community Member

That seems to have fixed it. I always get the radio button when I click checkout and it goes to the login screen, but using this newly saved login from that page seems to work now. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chrispix,

Thanks for clarifying where you saw the radio button. I’m glad that Khad’s steps got you all sorted out. If you have any other questions about 1Password, we’re here to help!

This discussion has been closed.