I'm at step 2 trying to import data. I have clicked on Preferences but can't see an Accounts icon?

samantha_wong_bv
samantha_wong_bv
Community Member

I have a personal 1password account. My work team recently set up a 1password team account and invited me to join. I would like to migrate my data over to this new team account. On step 2 it says: "From the 1Password menu, choose Preferences.
Click the Accounts icon, then click the + button." I cannot see any Accounts icon when I choose Preferences.

https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/mac.html

1Password Version: 1Password Version 5.3 (530029) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @samantha_wong_bv,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

You provided your 1Password version which is super helpful. Along with your screenshot, it shows us very clearly where the problem is. You are running an old version of 1Password. 1Password Families requires 1Password 6 on your Mac.

If you are running OS X Yosemite or later, you can upgrade to 1Password 6 for free. Since you purchased 1Password on the Mac App Store, you can update it though the Mac App Store:

How to update OS X and Mac apps

If you have any trouble, please let me know what you are (or are not) seeing happen as well as which version of OS X you are running.

• samantha_wong_bv
    samantha_wong_bv
    Community Member

Thanks @khad

It doesn't appear from the App Store that I have an update available to me? (see attached). I think this is because this is my work computer and I wasn't logged into

the app store with my personal apple ID (and don't want to do so on my work computer).

If I log in with my personal apple ID, 1Password appears as available to install (for free) but 1password is already installed. If I click to install again will it duplicate or ??

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Another super useful screenshot. Thanks, @samantha_wong_bv!

What might be easier at this point is to simply switch to the version of 1Password from our website. That way you don't have to worry about juggling Apple IDs to update 1Password. :)

Please let me know how it goes or if you run into any trouble at all.

• samantha_wong_bv
    samantha_wong_bv
    Community Member

Thanks @khad that sorted it. Appreciate your fast responses.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@samantha_wong_bv,

It's my pleasure to help. I'm glad that did the trick.

Have a great rest of your week. The weekend is almost here! :)

• d2hamilton
    d2hamilton
    Community Member

I'm having this exact same problem
    but I am running the latest version of 1Password and have already migrated to the Agilebits version (rather than the Mac App version).

• d2hamilton
    d2hamilton
    Community Member

Okay, I watched the video, and instead of the written directions chose Teams then added an account, which I think accomplishes what I'm trying to do. (Which isn't the same as the written directions.)

Is this correct?

• hi @d2hamilton,

Thanks for the feedback.

The application will match the written directions when we ship 6.3, it seems the documentation slipped out before the update this time.

Rudy

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

Just wanted to let y'all know that I've merged these two discussions so people can see everything in one place 8-)

• d2hamilton
    d2hamilton
    Community Member

Thanks for the merge nmott. The duplicate was an accident.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

No problem! Glad everything's working now :)

This discussion has been closed.