How does Families work?

This discussion was created from comments split from: How can i sync a dropbox account with 1Password Families?.

Comments

• dougberman
    dougberman
    Community Member

Regarding family access: I'm finding it difficult to wrap my head around syncing between my phone and my Mac.

1. When I add a "login" from my Mac App, it's not propagated to my iPhone. Note: my iPhone is has access to my online account.

2. The larger question for me is the relationship between the App on my Mac and remote access you're providing on 1password. The App does not update my account line and vice versa. Very confusing.

3. How do I change he password on my Mac App? I'd like it to be the same as the one I use for remote access.

• Hey @dougberman! I split your post off from the thread you originally posted in because it's a bit of a different topic. Hope you don't mind. To answer your questions...

When I add a "login" from my Mac App, it's not propagated to my iPhone. Note: my iPhone is has access to my online account.

How many vaults do you have in 1Password on your iPhone? You may be creating a Login in one of your older vaults if you used the app before 1Password Families. Check for what vaults you have by heading to Settings > Vaults within the app.

The larger question for me is the relationship between the App on my Mac and remote access you're providing on 1password. The App does not update my account line and vice versa. Very confusing.

It sounds like you may not be signed in to your family account in the app. Could you try following the steps in this knowledge base article and let me know if that gets things set up properly?

How to migrate to a family or team

How do I change he password on my Mac App? I'd like it to be the same as the one I use for remote access.

Once you move your data over to your family account, you can remove the local vault and just use Families. We have a nice little tool to reset the app so you don't have to worry about backing it up manually (in case you have anything in your local vault and need that later on). You can download it here: http://com-agilebits-users.s3.amazonaws.com/jacob/Data-Reset-Utility-1Password-4-or-later.zip

Once you run that, launch 1Password and sign in to your account. Let me know how that goes! :)

This discussion has been closed.