Weirdness After Copy From Local To Teams Vault

Options

Hello

I selected all the items in my Primary local vault on a Mac. I then chose Share > Copy to a Teams vault. I was surprised to find that the Teams vault had 1582 items whereas the Primary local vault they were copied from 1573.

Furthermore, I routinely sort my All Items view by Date Modified. I was surprised to discover 22 items at the top list in the Teams vault that haven't been modified for years in my local vault. 9 of these are attachments that are being shown detached from the item that they are associated with in the both vaults.

I'm loath to experiment repeating this in an attempt to recreate the problem for fear of data corruption. Is this a known issue?

1Password Version: 6.3.BETA-14 (630014)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Penelope Pitstop,

Good to see you again. It's been a little while. :)

This is entirely expected. File attachments have been upgraded to Documents in family and team accounts. They are linked to the original items, but now you can have files that don't require any other item type for their existence. You can simply store files in a vault on their own.

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @khad, good to be back. :)

Thanks for the explanation of attachments.

How about the other items that just simply have the wrong date?

• Jacob
    Options

@Penelope Pitstop Hmm, do you remember whether those items had correct modification dates before you moved them?

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    Options

Yes they did. I know this because I didn't move them, rather I copied them. So, the original items with the correct modification dates are still in the local vault.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for that extra info @Penelope Pitstop.

Going back to your original post:

I was surprised to discover 22 items at the top list in the Teams vault that haven't been modified for years in my local vault. 9 of these are attachments that are being shown detached from the item that they are associated with in the both vaults.

The Document items (9 of them?) created in your Teams vault from their attachments on corresponding items copied from your Primary vault will have new last modified and created values. But their values on the original Primary vault items should be retained on copies of the other items (13 of them?) in your Teams vault.

I'm loath to experiment repeating this in an attempt to recreate the problem for fear of data corruption.

And now from your last post:

So, the original items with the correct modification dates are still in the local vault.

Would you be able to try recopying just one of the items from your original vault (without attachments) that got a new last modified value in your Teams vault after you first copied it there? That'll create another unique copy of the item, but you could first duplicate the existing item in your Teams vault to have a backup of it there if you're concerned about anything happening to it.

If you're able to reproduce this with just a single item it'll probably be easier to troubleshoot and isolate the cause.

Do the non-Document items in your Teams vault that got new last modified values when copied there also have new created values? And are they in different categories?

During some testing before sending this, I found some Identity items copied from a local to Teams vault that ended up with new date modified values. That'll give us something here to help find the bug, and makes me even more curious about the category of your items it's happened with.

Glad you spotted and reported this!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello again, @Penelope Pitstop.

Feel free to skip my previous reply; I now have a new theory and just one question:

Do all the non-Document items in your Teams vault with new last modified values after being copied there have custom icons?

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk sorry for the delay. Yes, I believe they do.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

All okay with the delay, @Penelope Pitstop. :)

I've filed bug reports, for Mac and iOS versions after consistently reproducing it with both. Thanks again for your discovery that led to figuring this out!

ref: OPI-3563, OPM-3813

This discussion has been closed.