New password entry backwards

BlueFrog
BlueFrog
Community Member

Version 6.2.1 under El Capiton and using Voiceover.
Have seen complaints about this but saw it for the first time today. When entering a new password, typed characters are entered in reverse. Say you type CoffeeShop the end result is pohSeeffoC. This is disastrous for one who is blind; neither sees nor hears the mistyped entry.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BlueFrog,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

I am not able to reproduce this. Could you walk me through it? Here is what I tried:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. From the File menu, choose New Item > Login.
    3. Type a password in the password field.

The password is not backwards when I do that.

Is there a part I am missing? A different item type perhaps? Or entering the password via a different input method?

• BlueFrog
    BlueFrog
    Community Member

Hmmm. Using Voiceover? I see this both when editing a current login or creating a new one.

• Hi @BlueFrog ,

I tried it in Voiceover and it seems to work fine. It almost sounds like something it pressing left-arrow after you type each character. I can't think of any other way this would happen. If you enter two characters, with a long pause between typing each character, are they still backwards?

If so, let me know.

If not, try a few more characters, with a long pause between each one. Are they still backwards?

Also, are you able to see the cursor location while typing the password? After you type a single character, does the cursor location move to the left or stay to the right of the character?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• BlueFrog
    BlueFrog
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

Entry of the first character is fine. The cursor stays to the right, But as soon as I enter the second one, whether I do it slowly or quickly, the cursor jumps to the left. I did this with a new entry and an existing login, same results. The master password behaves correctly as do other apps that requires passwords.

I tried to get input from users who experience this but am not receiving meaningful input.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BlueFrog,

I actually found an open issue for this unusual behavior in our internal issue tracker, and I've added your comments there. As far as I can tell, we haven't yet determined what causes this or any feasible workarounds, which I realize is not helpful, and I'm sorry about this.

We very much appreciate you reporting your experience, and if you wouldn't mind sending us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, it may help our developers research the issue further. If you do choose to email us that report, please include a link to this forum thread so we can cross-reference them. Thanks very much!
    ref: OPM-3347

This discussion has been closed.