How do I delete a vault and start a new one--cannot remember/find password

Nancy_Johnson
Nancy_Johnson
Community Member

I downloaded 1Password and made an error in recording the password on the first vault. I now have the instructions and am attempting to start using the app, but can not get into the old one without a password. I saw an answer for this problem-to delete the vault and start anew. I can not figure out how to do this and am at a standstill. Please advise.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: unknown
OS Version: OSX10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:forgot-master-password, kb:starting-over, kb:update-1password, kb:remove-multiple-apps, kb:diagnostics

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Nancy_Johnson,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

If you have any data you think you need to save and might be able to remember the Master Password later, you should back up your existing data by selecting File > Backup from the menu bar. Then follow these steps to start over with a new vault:

1. Download the "Data Reset Utility for 1Password 5".
    2. Double-click the ZIP file to decompress it (if your browser didn't do that for you automatically).
    3. Control-click on the tool and select "Open" from the shortcut menu.

4. Follow the prompts, and 1Password should give you the chance to start with a new vault.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help. :)

Cheers!

• Nancy_Johnson
    Nancy_Johnson
    Community Member

I'm not sure what this is for, but I am sending it with the description of my problem.

• Nancy_Johnson
    Nancy_Johnson
    Community Member

Please ignore my previous post....I think the problem is solved!

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: kb:diagnostics, kb:update-1password, kb:update-extension, kb:update-1password, kb:starting-over

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

That is great news, @Nancy_Johnson. Please do let me know if you have any other questions. :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

This discussion has been closed.