1Password Chrome extension asks for "External Protocol Request"

donadiomauro
donadiomauro
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Mac

Hi,

Every time I restart the system and open Chrome with the 1Password plugin already installed, the browser opens the tab for the "External Protocol Request" related to "1Password 6.app".

These the actions to reproduce it on my system:

• Start OSX;
  • Open Chrome;
  • Click on 1Password Chrome plugin;
  • The browser opens a new tab with the authorization request.

1Password mini is set up to run at startup ("Always keep 1Password mini running").
This issue is present with or without sync. I was without sync then I set up Dropbox and the issue is the same.

PS: At the end, everything is working fine. The only "issue" is the Auth request.

Thanks for your help,
Mauro

1Password Version: 6.2.1 (621002)
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: 10.11.4 (15E65)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @donadiomauro! Sorry about that. It shouldn't be bugging you every time. While you have 1Password mini set to keep running after the main app is closed, I suspect something is preventing that from happening, which is causing this issue. To gather some more information about your setup, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac? This knowledge base article explains how: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• donadiomauro
    donadiomauro
    Community Member

Hi @penderworth,

Thanks for your support, I've sent the Diagnostic Report to that email address and the Support ID give by BitBot is [#HGS-85237-349].

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
    Mauro

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @donadiomauro,

You should have an email in your inbox from us :smile:

ref: HGS-85237-349

This discussion has been closed.