Older version of login file.

GFellow
GFellow
Community Member

How do I find older versions of a login? I want to see an older version of the notes section where a passcode was previously listed but now is missing.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:modified login

Comments

• ollifi
    ollifi
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

Unfortunately, as I know, 1Password stores old passwords only. So there are no "old versions" of Notes sections of logins. However, I suggest you to try "backups" feature of 1Password. Please read these instructions. IMPORTANT: As the guide says, it is important to create a fresh backup before restoring old to avoid data loss. After you've found the passcode, just write it down, and then restore back to the newest backup you just created.

• GFellow
    GFellow
    Community Member

OK. Thanks for the tip. I had tried restoring old backups, but unfortunately, they did not contain the data I was seeking.

• ollifi
    ollifi
    Community Member

I'm sorry to hear this... do you use 1Password in any mobile device / other Mac/PC? You could perhaps try restoring backups there. Or if you're syncing to Dropbox, it's possible to recover files in Dropbox.

One suggestion more - if you use Time Machine in your Mac, you could easily use those backups to restore your data.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @GFellow,

I'm also sorry to hear you're missing some information and aren't able to find it in your backups! If I understand, it sounds like you still have that Login item in 1Password, but it no longer contains data in the notes field that used to be there? If so, do you remember about how long ago you last saw that data in that Login's notes field? In other words, is it something you had viewed recently (and therefore it also disappeared recently), or is it something you haven't looked for in a long time?

If you sync your 1Password data with other devices, have you checked that item on the other devices to see if the notes field data is still there?

Also, depending on how long you've been using 1Password, it's possible you have backups from quite some time ago. Have you restored from backups that are old enough that they should definitely have that data?

This discussion has been closed.