I have 1Password for iOS on my iPad and iPhone any issues if I purchase for my iMac

CymbalTime
CymbalTime
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for iOS on my iPhone and iPad for a few years, thinking about getting 1Password for Mac OS for my iMac.
Are there any issues I should know about, in terms of importing my data from iOS to Mac OS? My operating system on Mac and iOS are all up to date. Thanks for your help

Comments

• ollifi
    ollifi
    Community Member

I use 1Password in my iPhone, iPad and Mac frequently and haven't had any problems :) So I'm happy to recommend Mac version to you. One thing to check would be how you're syncing your data. So open 1Password in your iPad or iPhone and switch to Settings tab, then tap Syncing. There you should see iCloud, Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync. After downloading the Mac version, just choose same syncing method that is in use on your iPhone and iPad. After that all your data stays sync between all your devices.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CymbalTime,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy 1Password and want to use it on your Mac too! The answer that @ollifi gave you is spot on! There are no compatibility issues for your data between the different platforms, so you have nothing to worry about. If you get 1Password for your Mac all your passwords would be synced there there in no time. This guide will help you through the process.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else we can help you with! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.