No welcome screen and won't accept license

RobG
RobG
Community Member

I have installed 1Password 6.2.1 on a new Mac Book Pro. I downloaded my license key and it won't activate it. I also don't get a welcome screen to allow me to sync to my data on Dropbox. I get a blank square.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:no welcome screen 6

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

Hi @RobG,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with 1Password. What exactly do you mean by "it won't activate it"? Could yo please try to follow this steps and tell us if you find a problem?

Where exactly do you see the blank square? Can you use the app? If you do, then to set up syncing you should go to Preferences in 1Password where you can find the option "Sync". You can set up Dropbox syncing from there by following the steps outlined here: https://support.1password.com/guides/mac/sync-dropbox.html.

Please let me know how this goes for you! :chuffed:

• RobG
    RobG
    Community Member

I wasn't getting the welcome to 1Password box that would allow me to select my DropBox file and when I would select my license file it would not accept it. BUT, all that seems to now work. I don't know why it started working, I didn't do anything but let it sit overnight. Thanks for your help.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

@RobG That's a strange behaviour, but I'm glad it sorted itself out :chuffed: Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.