Using a 1Password 4 Windows licence on Mac

Wighnut
Wighnut
Community Member

Hi,

I bought 1Password 4 for Windows in July 2015. I'm using a MacBook at the moment and wondered if i could transfer the license. However I only have the plain text key and not a license file (csv?). Is there a way to enter the license in the the Mac version (1Password 6).

Thanks for your replies.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:faq, kb-search:license windows mac

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Wighnut,

You definitely can install 1Password 6 in your new computer! I've resent you your license and you should be able to add your license in no time!

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you! :chuffed:

• Wighnut
    Wighnut
    Community Member

Hi Pilar,

Thx for the mail. However, The OSX version of 1password only seems to allow files for license import. The context menu:

• About 1Password
    • License...
    • Purchase 1Password

When i click on 'License...' I get the option 'Add license' and 'buy now'. 'Add license' wants me to pick out a (license?)file. So there's not really an obvious option to enter the 38-digit key.

Thx for your answer.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Wighnut,

I'm sorry for the confusion, you can add your license directly from the email that I sent you with the license. This article will help you through the process: https://support.1password.com/trial-expired/#if-you-purchased-1password-from-the-agilebits-store

Please let me know if it works all right :chuffed:

• Wighnut
    Wighnut
    Community Member

@Pilar ,
    So the mail you resent me with the license information only lists the following information:

Name: XXXX
    Key: XXXXX...
    Download: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    Register: Select Help > Enter License Key…, and enter the above key.

I can't seem to find the “Click here to Apply Your 1Password License“. " option. It only lists the information mentioned above. It almost seems like the mail is geared towards Windows users only, where i could easily enter the text key.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your patience :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Wighnut ,

I apologize for the confusion here. We recently changed our licensing model, and it looks like your purchase was made prior to the change.

New licenses are for both desktop versions of 1Password, but previously it was possible to purchase a license for one platform or the other. It looks like you have a license for 1Password for Windows. If you’d like to upgrade this license to use on your Mac as well, please enter your license key on our upgrade page to see your discount on a new license. :)

This discussion has been closed.