syncing shared vailts with family members

Options
dougberman
dougberman
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Families

I'm trying out family access.

I'm assuming my spouse can download the iOS and OSX app? Correct?

How do I sync data from my shared vault located on 1password.com to her iOS and OSX app?

Spouse aside, and slightly off topic, if I want to share changes I make on 1password.com to my App on OSX or vice versa, I needed to enable syncing (and I chose DropBox) on my OSX app. This was the only way I got it to work.

Now - If I want my spouse to see those changes on the shared vault, I'm thinking I need to give her access to my 1password dropbox folder? Please accept my oligopolies in advance, the relationships between apps, 1password and family members are in my humble opinion not clear to me.

/db

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dougberman,

I'm sorry that 1Password is a bit confusing, but we're always here to help sort things out! One of the awesome things about 1Password Families is that every member of your family can use the latest version of all the apps for free, so both you and your spouse can download iOS and OSX versions and start using them right away! You need to invite her to your Family by following the steps shown here: https://support.1password.com/teams-admin-getting-started/#inviting-your-team.

Another of the perks is that you don't need to worry about syncing ever again. You don't need to set up Dropbox if you're using 1Password Families, that's only necessary with the standalone license. In order to access your data in all your devices you need to add them to your account. This guide will help you do that: https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/mac.html. Once you've added your account your information will be there with no extra effort! The information on the shared vault will be atomically in her devices when she's accepted your invitation, so you won't need to give her access to your dropbox account.

Please let us know how this turns out for you and if you have any other questions we can help you with :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.