When viewing an entry with All Vaults selected, is there a way to tell which vault the entry's in?

tdmaymac
tdmaymac
Community Member

The mobile apps show this info at the bottom of the entry in Edit mode but the Mac app does not. Am I missing something? This is needed to eliminate duplicates when moving items to the Shared vault for multiple family members.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: 1Password for Families
Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@tdmaymac if you look at the relevant item in the main 1Password app do you not see the vault or account name at the top of the right hand pane (underneath the name of the item) for the relevant item?

(I can't recall which version introduced that as I'm using a 6.3 beta version.)

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tdmaymac,

You’re right, it is important to be able to see which item a vault is living in. As Stephen says, this is currently a feature in the latest betas (see my screenshot below), but I did a quick search through our recent app updates and internal issue tracker, and I can’t for the life of me figure out if this change has made it into the release version or not. So, the good news is: if you don’t see this in 1Password right now, it will be coming soon.

• tdmaymac
    tdmaymac
    Community Member

Thank you, Megan and Stephen. I did find this and it's the perfect location. I was apparent just looking in the wrong place. FYI, I'm running 6.2.1.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tdmaymac ,

Thanks so much for solving that mystery for us! (The joys of being on the beta track.)

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.