While setting up my husband's 1Password Families account, I deleted myself, the admin.

Options
AimeeK
AimeeK
Community Member

I was working on my husband's computer, helping him to get his logins copied and switched into new vaults for use in 1Password Families. After I got that done. I went back to my own computer and noticed the reason my own system was having difficulty migrating over was because it had two versions of 1Password installed. I deleted the old 1Password app and my identity went with it. I thought that the installation of 1Password 6 that was on all other devices would be the way to go and it had updated over the old one. I do have the bar code and account key on my iPhone and think there must be some way to restore this way. However, with my husband's user profile not being an admin, I'm not seeing how to do this. The passwords are all there as they were recently backed up before I messed things up. can you help?

1Password Version: 1Password 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud (i think)
Referrer: forum-search:deleted the admin on the account

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AimeeK,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

It sounds like your 1Password.com account is still functional, you just deleted the 1Password app from your Mac. I suspect we can simply restore from the most recent backup. (1Password creates backups of your data every day.) Either that or, if all the data is in your family account, you should be able to sign in and the data will show up from our servers. Just as a last resort, can you confirm that you have all the data in 1Password on your iPhone?

Now, in order to get the best picture of what is available on your Mac for restoring, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• AimeeK
    AimeeK
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Khad,
    Thanks for your help so far. I ran the diagnostics report you requested and sent it to the email you provided. As for my iOS app, the passwords, logins, etc. seem to be there, but oddly there are twice as many passwords under the logins section now. Many of those are simply duplicates now.
    The BitBot gave the Support ID Number of #QRZ-22796-117
    Thanks again for your help,
    AimeeK

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! We'll work with you via email from here on out until everything is resolved. That way we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion between email and this forum. :)
    ref: QRZ-22796-117

This discussion has been closed.