My macbook sync file is keychain. My iMac is op.vault. How do I reconcile this?

tomburkholder
tomburkholder
Community Member

This has probably been the case for a month or two until I realized what was happening. How do I change the keychain into op.vault? And then, do I just sync or do I have to do it manuallly first? Tom Burkholder MD

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:dropbox-troubleshooting

Comments

• tomburkholder
    tomburkholder
    Community Member

My macbook sync file is keychain. My iMac is op.vault. How do I reconcile this?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tomburkholder,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Update 1Password on your Macs

First, please be sure to update to the current version of 1Password on both your Macs.

Can you confirm for me that you are then running 1Password 6.2.1 on both Macs?

If so, you should be able to proceed without any trouble. If one Mac is running an older version of 1Password, STOP HERE and let me know. :)

Stop syncing with Dropbox

On your MacBook, open and unlock 1Password. In Preferences > Sync, choose None instead of Dropbox for "Sync Primary vault with". When prompted, enable the "Delete data from Dropbox option" and click "Disable sync".

(Don't worry. Your data is stored safely in your Library folder.)

If you want to merge your data

Then, if you want to merge the data in 1Password on your MacBook with the data in 1Password on your iMac, switch "Sync Primary vault with" from "None" back to "Dropbox". This time, 1Password should detect your 1Password.opvault file and ask if you want to merge. My recommendation would be to merge, then you will be able to sort out the duplicates right in 1Password.

If you want to choose one Mac as the source of truth

The other option would be to choose one Mac that you know has all the data and just start over and use that data. Let me know if you would prefer this option. We'll create a backup, but it will wipe out the data in 1Password on one Mac and replace it with the data from the Mac you choose.

This discussion has been closed.