Sudden Problem with 1 Password on my Chromebook's Browser

pcooley
pcooley
Community Member

Hello. With our MacBook ancient and all but dead, we've largely migrated over to Chromebooks. I use the link through dropbox to access all my passwords, but for some reason, it has started to give me a "key data file missing" error. I tried to delete it from dropbox and fire the MacBook back up to repopulate it. (That at first just ended with losing all my passwords from the Mac, but I was able to restore them from a backup.) I'm not sure what else to try. I'm still using 1Password 3 because the Mac is too old to make the jump from OSX 10.7. Any help in getting the passwords back on our Chromebooks would be appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• pcooley
    pcooley
    Community Member

OK, so I seem to have found that Dropbox is causing problems with the 1PasswordAnywhere file. I have contacted Dropbox about the problem, and I hope it will be resolved. I don't expect you to continue supporting it with updated versions of your software, but I expect the product I purchased to continue working. (It's problems like these, and a growing distrust of the cloud, that is leading me ever so slowly back to analog life.)

So, I loaded the 1Password.agilekeychain file onto a thumb drive from my local Dropbox file, and I opened it in my Chromebook, only to find the same error message about a key data file missing when I tried to open 1PasswordAnywhere. What gives? Is Dropbox bouncing back whatever they are doing to screw up my password access? How do I get the openable agilekeychain file onto the thumb drive so that I can access my passwords?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pcooley,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Please see our post about 1PasswordAnywhere for details:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/63045/moving-beyond-1passwordanywhere/p1

I'm not sure if it's possible to enable local file access in Chrome on Chrome OS since it requires adding a command line switch, but the instructions for the desktop version of Chrome are linked to in that post. Here is the direct link:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/115709/#Comment_115709

I hope Dave's post helps explain the current state of things and your current options. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let me know. I'm happy to provide further assistance!

This discussion has been closed.