Why did it stop syncing with Dropbox?

kda
kda
Community Member

I have had 1Password set to sync with Dropbox since the day I bought the software years ago. Today I logged in and received some message about problems syncing and to check my preferences.

Preferences says I have no sync setup! I can obviously direct it back to Dropbox, but I don't want to mess anything up. I see my 1password.agilekeychain right where it's always been, but what if there have been changes since I last synced? I don't understand this.

1Password Version: 6.2.1 Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X El Capitan 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

Hi @kda,

I can obviously direct it back to Dropbox, but I don't want to mess anything up. I see my 1password.agilekeychain right where it's always been, but what if there have been changes since I last synced? I don't understand this.

If there have been any changes since your last sync, 1Password will merge them into your existing database, taking into account the date and time of any changes to make sure that the newest information is given priority. If, by chance, you’ve made different edits to the same item on multiple devices, 1Password will create a ‘conflict section’ with the conflicting details so that no data is lost, and you can determine which edits need to be preserved.

So, the solution to this problem is simply to set up sync again.

As to the why, that’s a bit more difficult to determine. A Diagnostics Report might give us a few clues. If you’re interested in investigating, you can create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

However, if you’re content to just set sync up again and carry on, that’s also an option.

ref: SVC-72587-933

This discussion has been closed.