Can't use 1Password (1P) in Chrome, or launch it through "Open 1Password"

oscarsmom55
oscarsmom55
Community Member

I've bought and been using 1P for about 5 years on MACs. Tonight (5/10) I tried to use 1P in Chrome. I got a message from Chrome that it was now disabled as I hadn't purchased the 1P extension THROUGH chrome. When I tried launching 1P alone, I get an Apple store dialogue screen with my OLD Apple address that I changed about 3 years ago, well after I bought 1P. Trying to use my CURRENT Apple information in that dialog box I'm then told 1P is corrupt and I need to reinstall the app. Logically, this means to me that if I reinstall 1P again, it won't have a connection to my current account and I'll lose all my passwords! How can I launch 1P and get my passwords? How do I prove I'm me if I reinstall with current Apple ID or through Chrome? I tried the help suggestion of disconnecting from the Mac Application Sign in, but that didn't help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't use 1P in Chrome, or launch it through "Open 1Password"

Comments

• rudy
    edited May 2016

Hi @oscarsmom55,

It sounds like you installed the extension manually at some point in the past and chances are that if you were to go to the Chrome Extensions Gallery you would find only the version 4+ chrome extension. They recently started enforcing a requirement that extensions be only installed from their store. The extension itself doesn't cost anything.

If you're using 1Password 3 still, then you'll need to install the 1Password 3 Extension in chrome, which is available from this url: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password/hdmbinomkfhmgknkoicejolfdfjeajmk

If you're not using 1Password 3, let us know that too and we'll investigate further.

Let us know if you need any additional help.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.