folders in a shared vault are not visible in "All Vaults" on Mac OS X

Douglas K Wyman
Douglas K Wyman
Community Member

I have a primary vault and one shared vault (via Dropbox ).
I have created a folder with 20 credit card items in the shared vault.
The folder and its contents are being shared and displayed correctly when the shared vault is selected at the top of the left column.
HOWEVER, if the selection "All Vaults" is made at the top of the left column, the folder is no longer visible but its contents are displayed with other items.

This does not seem normal, logical nor convenient. Why is the folder not visible in "All Vaults"?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: not applicable
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:folders not visible in "all vaults"

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Douglas K Wyman: I'm sorry for the confusion! Not all vault types support folders, so having them show up in All Vaults is a bit problematic, since you might try dragging an item that resides in one of those to a folder from another vault. Additionally, an item can only belong to one folder or vault at a time, so that poses a challenge as well.

Tags are supported everywhere and don't have the same constraints, so they work with All Vaults just fine. It may be that we'll be able to come up with a better solution in the future as the new All Vaults feature evolves. We'd love to hear any suggestions you might have. :)

• Douglas K Wyman
    Douglas K Wyman
    Community Member

Thank you, brenty, for the rapid response.
    So, this is an expected behavior... I guess I need to study the user guide more thoroughly... Ie do my own homework.

• Hi Douglas,

We're here to help. Feel free to ask us anything if you can't find the answer in the user guide.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.