I have a field "Folder" in the 1Password entries for some old software that I can't get rid of

MLModel
MLModel
Community Member

In the entries for some old software, and therefore from an old version of 1Password, I have a "folder" field that I can't get rid of. For some of these I would like to keep the entries around, but strangely the folder fields don't appear when I edit them, so I can't get rid of them. Not a significant problem, but it does seem weird.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:software folder

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MLModel,

Thanks for writing in about this! From your description, it sounds like you've added some items to folders in 1Password, and the item details are simply showing you which folder you've added it to. If so, that's not left over from an old version, it's simply a feature in the current version. You can find information about folders in the user guide here: Folders

Does that help to explain what you're seeing? If so, that's not a field you can edit, which is why it disappears when you click the 'Edit' button. If you don't want to see information about the folder containing that item, select that folder from the left sidebar in 1Password, right-click on that item, and choose Remove from Folder.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions about that. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.