Feature request: a 2nd password to reveal only some passwords.

user552200
user552200
Community Member

When I am in public I can risk entering my password, but I also run the risk of someone watching or recording me entering my password. I realise they would also need my 1Password file, but this would not be that difficult to obtain for a determined hacker, especially if they have access to my computer.

It would be much better if I could have a secondary vault where a few user-selected logins are duplicated, where I could login using a 2nd password. This way if someone saw my 2nd password they would only have access to the logins that I had pre-selected as not being overly-important.

When I login to 1Password it only gives me the option to enter my password. Why not ask me which vault I want to login to? Is there some way I can protect myself from having my entire online identity exposed to someone who caught a glimpse of me entering my password and who also gained access to my 1Password file?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Feature request: a 2nd password to reveal only some passwords

Comments

• Hi @user552200 ,

While one of the objectives of 1Password is, as the name implies, to allow you to only have to remember one password, I can certainly see the value of your use case.

While 1Password does not have that capability today, I will pass your request on to the development team for consideration.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.