Accessing passwords without app installed

Damienn
Damienn
Community Member

I don't have the app installed on my machine due to legal reasons, and also don't have my mobile device. How can I access my passwords? Is it possible to access from a remote location? Is it possible to view my passwords from a url or dropbox if I don't have the app installed?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.4
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:view passwords from browser, kb-search:access passwords from dropbox, kb:faq, kb:sync-options

Comments

• Hi @Damienn,

If you have a 1Password for Families or 1Password for Teams account, it offers the capability to sign in from a web browser with a master password and account key (account key is generated when you set up your account). More information is available at https://1password.com

Dropbox does not provide a mechanism to do this, so we can not offer that capability with the "standalone" version of 1Password.

If you have further questions, feel free to reply.

Regards,
    Kevin

• Damienn
    Damienn
    Community Member

Thanks Kevin.

Does this mean that I need to upgrade my account from 1password for Mac?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Damienn,

Unless you've already signed up for a 1Password Teams or 1Password Families subscription, you don't currently have any 'account' with us. By searching for the email address from your forum account, I see that you bought a license for 1Password for Mac from our AgileBits Store - that allows you to use it on all your Macs, but there's no online account associated with that. Therefore your data is only stored locally on your Mac(s), as well as in Dropbox if you're using that to sync your data.

If you would like to sign up for a Families/Teams account, there's a recurring fee for that. It's not really an upgrade - it's a service that works with the existing 1Password app on your Mac. Because Families/Teams account data is stored on our secure servers, we were able to create a web app that allows you to access that data from any web browser. There's a 30 day free trial when you sign up for Families/Teams, so you're welcome to try it out first to see if you like it.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.