one vault but phone and MAC don't match items

KMWAZ
KMWAZ
Community Member

I have one vault (Dropbox) but my iMac and IOS Apple IPhone 6 doesn't match the same amount of items and indeed at least one entry for a login is missing that I was looking for. It's on the iPhone but not the iMac. I re synced to Dropbox on the iMac but still shows different amount of items. iPhone has 980 Items and iMac 975?

iphone os 9.3.1

1Password Version: 6.3 Beta -16 (630018)
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: OSX 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:one vault but phone and computer don't match items

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @KMWAZ,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with Dropbox sync!

The first thing to do is double-check some sync settings in 1Password on both your Mac and your iPhone:

On your Mac:

• Open 1Password and go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences.
    • Click the Sync tab.
    • Make sure it shows your Primary vault is set to sync with Dropbox.
    • If it shows a different sync option or says None, set up Dropbox sync by following the steps here: Sync with Dropbox (Mac)
    • If Dropbox sync is already enabled, check the file name and file path for the sync file in Dropbox.

On your iPhone:

• Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Primary.
    • Make sure it shows the Sync Service is Dropbox.
    • If it shows a different sync service or says Start Syncing, set up Dropbox sync by following the steps here: Sync with Dropbox (iOS)
    • If Dropbox sync is already enabled, tap "Sync Service" and check the file name and path for the sync file in Dropbox (underneath Current Sync Method / Dropbox).

If the problem is that one is syncing with a different sync file than the other, you'll need to disable the sync, then set it up again and choose the correct sync file.

Let us know how it goes and what you find, thanks! :)

• KMWAZ
    KMWAZ
    Community Member

Yeah checked all of that. Dropbox has only one vault.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @KMWAZ!

If Dropbox sync is enabled and pointing to the same exact sync file on both devices, but the items don't seem to be syncing correctly, you can try resetting the sync file in Dropbox and recreate it to see if that helps. But first, you should backup your data as a precaution. On your Mac, open 1Password and go to File > Backup. On your iPhone, you can create a backup file and save it to your Mac by following the steps here: Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

When you're ready, follow these steps to reset Dropbox sync:

On your Mac:

• Open 1Password and go to 1Password > Preferences > Sync.
    • Change the sync from Dropbox to None.
    • Click the box to Delete data from Dropbox, then click Disable Sync.
    • Open your Dropbox folder and make sure the sync file has been deleted.
    • In 1Password, change the sync setting from None back to Dropbox.
    • Click the Choose button and select your main Dropbox folder (then click Open).
    • Click Create New to create a new 1Password.opvault file in /Dropbox/Apps/1Password.
    • Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

1Password on your iPhone should stop syncing and give an error when it realizes the original sync file was removed from Dropbox. You can follow these steps to re-enable Dropbox sync:

On your iPhone:

• Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Start Syncing.
    • Choose Sync with Dropbox.
    • When you see your Dropbox account name, tap on the name (do not tap on the 'i' icon).
    • When asked to choose a vault, choose Apps/1Password/1Password.opvault.
    • Enter your master password if prompted.
    • Choose to merge your data if prompted.
    • Allow Dropbox to complete the sync.

Please let us know how it all goes, and if you have questions about any of that. Thanks!

• KMWAZ
    KMWAZ
    Community Member

A little confused. You say to change MAC Dropbox folder sync to none and create new. Which I did and it sync'd. But then you say iPhone should stop syncing. How would that be. THe old file is still there. SHould I have erased it?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @KMWAZ,

THe old file is still there. SHould I have erased it?

Yes, that should have happened in the third step on your Mac, after changing the sync setting from Dropbox to None:

• Click the box to Delete data from Dropbox, then click Disable Sync.

When disabling Dropbox sync on your Mac, the window that appears will have the option to delete your data from Dropbox:

You'll need to click the box next to "Delete date from Dropbox", so it looks like this:

Finally, click the 'Disable Sync' button. The next step is to verify that the sync file has been deleted from your Dropbox folder:

• Open your Dropbox folder and make sure the sync file has been deleted.

Can you please try all those steps again? As long as you follow all the steps I gave you, it should delete the sync file from Dropbox, which should also disable Dropbox sync in 1Password on your iPhone. Let us know how it goes this time. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.