Question on billing

Options
jgolden
jgolden
Community Member

It seems like each user has to add their own CC? The billing page appears to only be for my account, and not the entire team account even though I am the administrator. Am I missing the central billing somehow?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jgolden: Sorry for the confusion! The Owner (if that's you, my condolences — I'm right there with you!) is the one who pays the bill. Others are members (or guests) of your 1Password Team, and the Team itself is billed based on the number of members. I hope this helps! :)

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member
    Options

Does the owner have to pay the bill from his account?
    I´m admin etc. and have access to the bank-account.
    But I don´t want to mess anything up here ...

• jgolden
    jgolden
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @brenty . I am the owner. So I understand what you are saying, but the page does not give any indication of the current user count or what would be billed. It does show "per user". Before, I was thinking it would be fore just me. I need to know the cost in some kind of quote or PDF form because I will likely have to get it approved by accounting. I would think this is pretty standard.

If I add my CC, what will happen after that? We just get a bill, just be charged? I need a little more info.

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Does the owner have to pay the bill from his account? I´m admin etc. and have access to the bank-account. But I don´t want to mess anything up here ...

@Unicade_Music: Yes. The Owner will need to setup payment from the Billing option in the Team menu in the app right corner of the web interface.

So I understand what you are saying, but the page does not give any indication of the current user count or what would be billed. It does show "per user". Before, I was thinking it would be fore just me. I need to know the cost in some kind of quote or PDF form because I will likely have to get it approved by accounting. I would think this is pretty standard.

@jgolden: Ultimately 1Password can't know for certain what you'll be charged until the time comes, and then it will generate an invoice for you. After all, you can add or remove Team members at any time. But shoot us an email at support@1password.com and we'll see if we can do something else to help. In the end it's entirely up to you what you're charged since it's based on the plan you choose and determined by how many people you invite. You can find a list of your Team's members and guests in the Admin Console.

If I add my CC, what will happen after that? We just get a bill, just be charged? I need a little more info.

When you view the Billing section, it will show if you're on a trial, when the next billing will occur, and the amount. I hope this helps! :)

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @brenty. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.