New pricing for Teams

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Browser extension integration [not yet].

Comments

• jplambeck
    jplambeck
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for annoying you again about browser extensions (FF and Chrome, we don't care about Edge), but since I just got your e-mail stating your pricing, I assume you are officially out of beta now. I'm not really looking forward to paying up to $15 per month for a simply database that everyone can look up shared passwords in manually. That feels like paying for an Excel sheet on a shared drive again.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jplambeck,

Since your post is not directly related to the extensions, I've split into its own thread in our Teams forum.

The price remains at 5$ per user as previously hinted, the 15$ per user plan is for larger companies that need more advanced features such as custom groups, custom roles, extra storage, advanced audit logging, and more in the future. If none of these features are needed for your use, then you'd still be able to pay 5$ per user.

• jplambeck
    jplambeck
    Community Member
    Options

Well, that is not really the point. Without browser extensions for FF and/or Chrome 1password for teams is not really a huge gain. Our employees still use the internal "save password" function of their browser, because manually looking up and copy & pasting the credentials is way too complicated for day to day business in comparison. So right now, I don't really see us sticking to 1password for teams much longer now that is costing a lot of money every month (it is 5 bucks per user at the end, that adds up very quickly).

• jplambeck
    jplambeck
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any time frame for the release of real browser extensions?

• Ben
    Options

Understood. It is our policy to not pre-announce any dates or timeframes for upcoming features. As such unfortunately I don't have further specifics to share. If you decide not to go with 1Password for Teams now, I hope you'll reconsider once we do have Teams-compatible browser extensions available for your browsers/platforms.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.