1Password for Teams, ad-hoc sharing

Options
starlight
starlight
Community Member

One of the things that is really holding us back from fully adopting this is the ability to share an item with other users in an ad-hoc manner. For example...

Part of our security plan requires that we do not share passwords with any person unless they have a need to know. We may have a vault for Support Team, but I may just want to share a credential with one or two members of the support team and not put it in the Support Team vault where everyone with access to the Support Team vault can access, because they don't all have a need to know.

But I don't want to have to create a specific vault for this. I just want to share this one password with Bob, or Bob and Jane. Creating vaults for every combination of users is messy.

I would love to have the ability to share ad-hoc with users in this way.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @starlight,

Thanks for letting us know you’re interested in single-item sharing with Teams. This is a common request and something we would very much like to implement. I can't say for sure when it'll happen, but we're definitely looking into it! :)

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member
    Options

If I may just +1 this. :)

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You may, @Unicade_Music! But it's not really necessary. It's already something that we want to do and we know a lot of users would appreciate. I hope we can bring it to you sooner than later. :)

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member
    Options

OK, thanks, Vee. I just thought I´d chime in. I´ve seen companies say many users would like something implemented ... and five years on nothing has happened.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2016
    Options

Yep. It happens sometimes. Unfortunately just because it is something a lot of folks want and would use doesn't necessarily make it any quicker or easier to implement. :)

That is one of the reasons we try very hard to avoid talking in terms of time when it comes to any sort of upcoming feature or feature request.

What may seem like a trivial thing to implement can easily turn into a big project. And we can only handle so many big projects at a time.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.