Mac product Key finder locates Lic strings but i can't import into 1Password... Any suggestions?

nickinTofino
nickinTofino
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Mac

Just bought Mac Product Key Finder. Ran the app and it found all my passwords now I want to import them into 1Password but can't because 1Password won't import the cvs file created from the application. Pop's out an error, but no error code. I can see the file and it looks good

1Password Version: 6.21
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:mac product key finder

Comments

• Hi @nickinTofino ,

1Password expects the fields to be in a certain order. See the "Software License" section here: https://support.1password.com/create-csv-files/

Does Key Finder allow you to specify the order of the fields when you export to csv? If so, make sure they match the order there.

If it does not allow you to change the order, I recommend importing the file into a spreadsheet such as Excel or Numbers, rearrange the columns, and then export back out to a new csv file and import that.

If the order does match and you still have an error, let me know and we'll be happy to investigate further.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @nickinTofino ,

I read that KeyFinder can export to XML. If so, I have a little time and I could create you a converter that will generate a 1PIF file you can import directly into 1Password. Would you be interested?

• nickinTofino
    nickinTofino
    Community Member

Wow, this would be great for a short term fix MRC! On another note, i sent Irena, at One Up Ltd, who make the software if she could create something for others.... AppShelf but then you get into the so many apps doing small pieces of the puzzle. So I want to use 1Password for all Lic. strings!

Maybe someone from 1Password can email Irena and figure out how you can both work together?
    irena@nuclear.coffee

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@nickinTofino ,

Would you be willing to send me a redacted XML export? You can edit the XML in a plain text editor to modify such as TextEdit and modify the private information such as license numbers, etc. Then I won't have to create sample data and can get on it right away.

Don't change the formatting or structure. If it seems to complex, I'll try to create some sample data.

Also, which version (Free or Pro) and version number are you using?

• nickinTofino
    nickinTofino
    Community Member

I have the pro version... and yes, gladly send you the data...

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Ok, great. You'll find my email at the top the converter script files, such as this one.

This discussion has been closed.