Upgrade single licence to family?

Options
MrLucky
MrLucky
Community Member

I have a single licence purchased a couple of years ago. Can I upgrade this to a family licence, or would we have to buy a whole new licence for the family?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MrLucky,

We don't offer anymore a Family license like we used to a long time ago. I think that what you're looking for is our new service: 1Password Families. 1Password Families is subscription based and it lets you and four other members of your family enjoy the latest version of 1Password in all your apps, sharing capabilities, the possibility to access your data from any browser and much more! You can read everything about 1Password Families here: https://blog.agilebits.com/2016/02/16/introducing-1password-for-families/.

Pleas let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

• MrLucky
    MrLucky
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I will mention that to my wife. Is there a deal/discount available if I already own a full licence.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MrLucky,

If you decide to try 1Password Families I think you'll enjoy it! We had a deal for Early adopters, thought specially for all our current users who wanted to move to 1Password Families. Unfortunately this deal is over now and we currently don't have any available.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask! :chuffed:

• Noxious
    Noxious
    Community Member
    Options

I had no idea or notification that you were changing to 1Password Families and received no notification that there were special deals for "early adopters". Very disappointed. I've been quietly using your apps Windows (fully paid $64) and iOS but been trying to share with my wife thinking that was all you could do. It was only when I went on your website that I saw there was a "families" option. How long has this "service" been out?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

@Noxious,

I'm sorry you were not aware of it sooner. 1Password Teams was released as a beta back in November 2015: Introducing 1Password for Teams

We posted on our blog a bunch of times:

We introduced 1Password Families in February: Introducing 1Password for Families

We also posted quite a bit it on Twitter and Facebook.

We sent out about 7 newsletters to everyone who is subscribed. All the details of the early adopter deals were in the newsletters. You can find the complete list here:

https://agilebits.com/company/newsletter

You can also sign up for the newsletter there, which it sounds like you might be interested in doing for the future. That way you will never miss out on any 1Password news. :)

Let me know if you end up with any questions about 1Password Families. I'm happy to provide further assistance. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.