I have an account and need to change my master password on a mac. I cant get to profiles!

MrsCat
MrsCat
Community Member

URGENT Cannot get to profiles To change my master password. I click on my name but the option PROFILE is not available. I need to change my master password IMMEDIATELY. I must to SPEAK to a live person or instructions. I haves Macs.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have an account and need to change my master password on a mac. I cant get to profiles!

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

Hi @MrsCat,

You're in your Admin Console in your browser, is this correct? On the top of the page, at the right, you should be able to see the name of your team (not yours). When you click there a dropdown menu should appear having Home as first option and My profile as second. That's where you can change your Master Password.

It should look something like this:

Note that "Los gatitos" is my Team's name, not mine. Please let us know if it all goes well for you! :chuffed:

• MrsCat
    MrsCat
    Community Member

My Master Password must be changed immediately. I am on a Macs.. the instructions to click on my name and go to profiles is not an option as profiles does not appear. Please call me immediately.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: kb:lost-device, kb-search:I cant change my master password as I cant get to Profiles on a mac, ug:mac/share-a-vault, ug:mac/security-preferences, kb:strong-master-password

• Hi @MrsCat ,

To help, we would like you to confirm a couple of things:

1. You were able to log on to your 1Password account in your web browser using your existing password.
    2. You can see the menu that Pilar posted a picture of, but it is just the "My Profile" item that was missing.
    3. Do you have a Teams account or a Families account?

Note that you can change your account password in the Mac app as well.

Open 1Password on your Mac,
    1. select Preferences from the 1Password menu.
    2. Click on "Teams" or "Account" (the flag icon), and then select your account in the list.
    3. You will see a Change Password button appear under your account credentials. Click that and it will ask for your previous password, and allow you to set a new one.

If you do not have a Family or Teams account, but rather the "standalone" version of 1Password , you can change your Master Password using these instructions:

1. Start 1Password and unlock
    2. Go to Preferencs (in the 1Password menu) and click on Security
    3. Click the "Change Master Password" button there.

If you still need personal assistance, you can contact us at support@agilebits.com, and if you do, please provide a screen shot of that user menu if possible. I haven't seen an instance where the "My Profile" menu item was missing, so that would be helpful when diagnosing the issue.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.