I have 1Password on all my IOS devices, but not MAC computer. Want to start using "Families". How?

Options
MichaelWinner
MichaelWinner
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Families

1Password is on my iphone, ipad, iwatch, but not my Mac. I know, silly. So I'm trying to rectify that. I want to use the "Families" option, but have no idea what my sign in address is (I don't think I ever got one as I simply downloaded the apps?). How do I find it? I've input all the emails I know that I may have in your system, and I may have found the problem, as I paid for the apps with my itunes account. the itunes account had to be changed. It was a Rogers account and I've recently switched to Bell, so my iTunes account used to be a rogers.com address. It's now a kw.com address. So when/if your autobot has sent me any info, I'm not getting anything. I'm in Toronto, so can you call me on [phone number removed] to figure this out? Thanks! - Michael

Comments

• roustem
    Options

Hi Michael,

We launched the new service just recently and it is possible that you do not yet have the Families account. You could easily check if your iOS devices are connected to 1Password Families. Select Settings and then check 1Password Accounts:

When you select an account, you will see the account details that include URL, email address and Account Key.

• Rediwed
    Rediwed
    Community Member
    Options

@roustem could you please snip this poor man's phone number? It's currently visible for everyone to see!

• Jacob
    Options

@Rediwed Thanks for pointing that out. @MichaelWinner I have removed the phone number from your post. Please don't post any private information like that here since this is a public place. ;)

• MichaelWinner
    MichaelWinner
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks everyone. How do I contact agilebits in order to get a live human? Roustem, thanks for the info, but I think you mis-understood my question. I don't have families currently but I want to get it. I can't seem to get it if I don't have my sign-in address. How do I get my sign-in address if possibly the reminder email from agilebits is being sent to an old email address that has been abandoned? And to be completely clear, I'm actually unsure if that's actually what is happening. This is the reason why I want to speak with someone. Thanks everyone for the assistance thus far. - Michael

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2016
    Options

@MichaelWinner,

Sorry for the confusion. If you don't have a Families account you will not have a sign-in address. You can sign up for a Families account here:

Families - 1Password

If you're still having difficulty and would prefer to move this conversation to email so that we can discuss any specifics that might be private information please drop us an email at support@1password.com and include a link to this thread:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/64438

That'll help us 'connect the dots.'

Thanks!

Ben

• MichaelWinner
    MichaelWinner
    Community Member
    Options

Quick Q, I already have 1password installed on my ipad and iphone. Do I set up up a new account for families and then I'll be able to link the current accounts that I have to it? On the "pick a name for your account" page, it also says at the bottom "already have an account", which I sort of do, with 1password, so this is kind of confusing. - mw

• Ben
    Options

@MichaelWinner,

If it helps to think about it like this: you do not have a 1Password account. You have standalone 1Password apps, which are not part of a 1Password account.

So, yes, you'd set up a new account and then migrate your data into it:

How to migrate to a family or team

I hope that helps!

Ben

• MichaelWinner
    MichaelWinner
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, that kind of makes sense if I stand on my head.... Ha! Kidding. Okay, I'll set it up and migrate everything into the family account. Thanks! - Michael

• Ben
    Options

You're most welcome Michael. Sorry for the confusion. We're trying to make it more clear what a 1Password account is and isn't. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.