Master PW opens 1PW on my Macbook Air but won't work on my ipad? Both OSX & IOS are up to date.

grhudson57
grhudson57
Community Member

I have not been able to get 1PW to synch automatically. I am using Dropbox but do not know how to set up 1PW synch.
The ipad IOS has version 9.3.1 and OSX is version 10.11.4. I changed the 1PW MPW this afternoon but it still will not work on the ipad.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Synching
Referrer: forum-search:My Master PW works on my Macbook Air but will not work on my ipad?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@grhudson57 I'm a little unclear whether your problem is:

• knowing how to set up Dropbox sync between your devices in the first place; or
    • ensuring you can use your new master password on your iPad.

If the former is the problem these excerpts from the user guide will help you:

Sync with Dropbox (Mac)

Sync with Dropbox (iOS)

If the latter point is the problem note that when you change your master password on Device 1 you first have to open 1Password on Device 2 using your old master password so that the master password change can sync to Device 2. Once you've done that you'll be able to unlock 1Password on Device 2 using your new master password.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @grhudson57 ,

Please let me know if Stephen’s post has helped at all. He’s given all of the advice that I would have - but if we’re misunderstanding where things are going wrong for you, please let us know and we’ll investigate further. :)

This discussion has been closed.