Options
2»

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Valentijn,

I’m sorry that you’re struggling with this, I can imagine how frustrating it must be. If you’d like to help our team get to the bottom of this, you’re welcome to send in a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Yale
    Yale
    Community Member
    Options

I am having this issue as well. After running the trial for a month, I upgraded to 1Password for Families, now I cannot use the iPhone app.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Yale,

I’m sorry for the trouble here! If you follow the instructions in the post above, we’d be happy to take a look at a Diagnostics Report and see if we can track down where things are getting tangled up!

• flibitijibibo
    flibitijibibo
    Community Member
    Options

I signed up for the 1Password free trial today, and installed the iOS app on an iPhone 6 (v9.3.4). The app works for a brief period, then upon opening the app it presents the first-time dialog instead of requesting the master password. It sounds like it loses the account data, but upon logging in with the QR code, it claims that the account is already added!

Interestingly, deleting and reinstalling the app fixes the second part... scanning the QR code does get a bit old though. :P

This happens with the stock settings and with the addition of TouchID for logging in.

• flibitijibibo
    flibitijibibo
    Community Member
    Options

Only now just noticed, meant iOS v9.3.2... My mistake. I'd grab the 1Password app version but it just threw me out again, and the QR code's not in front of me! It's the latest version as of July 6.

• flibitijibibo
    flibitijibibo
    Community Member
    Options

Grabbed the app version as well, it's 6.4.2.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@flibitijibibo: I'm sorry for the trouble! We're tracking this issue, and would appreciate if you could provide some diagnostic information. Did you by any chance setup your device using an iTunes backup? Thanks in advance!

ref: OPI-3534

• flibitijibibo
    flibitijibibo
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

E-mail sent, support ID is #FRA-77555-651.

Note that because I can't access diagnostics reports outside of the logged-in environment, data that might point to the exact moment it partially drops the user info won't be in there...

This is the first iOS device I've owned so it's not had to endure any backup restores, though it's been through some interesting OS upgrades. Between iOS 8 and 9 it's also had the 9 GM installed, so that's definitely an unusual variable...

EDIT: I finally got a repro case! The user info is lost when you close the app. If you switch apps and keep the app loaded in the background it's fine, but unloading it completely drops the data until you reinstall. The workaround is to just never unload it, for now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @flibitijibibo,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: FRA-77555-651

• lamemate
    lamemate
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I can confirm @chris_aok 's workaround. Before applying the workaround I was struggling with the same problem that the app continuously resets itself. I have had deleted the shared vault in the web interface as well.

Another workaround I found was to create a local vault during the app's initial setup process and log in to my family account afterwards. That also prevents the resets from happening.

The steps to reproduce the issue are:

Failing
    1. Deleted the shared vault in the web interface
    3. Download the app from the App Store
    3. Log in to the family account during setup
    4. Restart the iPhone
    5. App was reset and I had to log in again

Working
    1. Re-create the shared vault in the web interface
    2. Download the app from the App Store
    3. Log in to the family account
    4. Restart the iPhone
    5. App still working with account

Working
    1. Deleted the shared vault in the web interface
    1. Download the app from the App Store
    2. Create a local vault
    3. Log in to the family account
    4. Restart the iPhone
    5. App still working with account

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lamemate,

Thanks so much for sharing those steps here! Hopefully they help other users who are struggling with this as well ... and of course, we'll do all we can to have a fix version ready for you all soon.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to follow up that we've figured out what is causing this to happen and hopefully we have a fix in place for today's beta. We don't want to rush it and make things worse, so I can't promise anything, however we do 100% know what is causing this, it's just a matter of making sure we fix it in the right way.

We'd really like to get this fixed in the next update along with a couple of other bugs that have been happening for users.

Thanks so much to everyone who helped contribute to finding the cause of this. Being able to recreate the problem allowed me to step through the code until I found what was happening and why. It went pretty deep this time so being able to recreate was really the only way we would've figured this one out.

The workaround, have more than one vault. If you have a family or team and you only have one vault, this can cause things to break. Adding a local vault is one fix, adding another vault in the Team or Family is another fix. At least until the update that fixes this, which should restore the ability to only need one vault when using Team/Family only mode.

This discussion has been closed.