Can not open Password on new iPhone.No idea what my acc key is,no QR code. It works on laptop only,

Jane_Acquaviva
Jane_Acquaviva
Community Member

Purchased 1Password in 2013 and used it on laptop, iPad and iPhone. Recently restored iPad and purchased new iPhone. Although 1Password is downloaded to both devices, I can not sign in because I do not have a Team URL, Acct. Key or QR code. I have never heard of any of these. I've read about an emergency kit, but totally unclear about how to proceed and a bit anxious about screwing it up! Using operating system 10.11.4 on Mac and sync thru dropbox

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

These are new features associated with 1PW for Teams/Families.

When you start 1PW for the first time you should be able to Continue Without Account and that should let you proceed as previously.

You can't actually screw things up, as you can always delete and reinstall on your iOS devices if things go wrong.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Jane_Acquaviva: Indeed, if you didn't sign up for 1Password Families/Teams that wold explain why these terms are unfamiliar to you. No worries! It sounds like you may need to sync your data. Do you have your 1Password data on another device? Please tell me all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action. The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• kcjosey
    kcjosey
    Community Member

I'm having this problem too. I've just upgraded my iPhone and try to sync with Dropbox. It requires a sign in that includes team url, account key, email address and master password. iOS 10.0.2 iPhone 7. I can sign in to 1Password on my Mac mini, but cannot see anywhere that allows me to generate a QR code, or account key. Can anyone offer a solution?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kcjosey: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you subscribe to 1Password Families (or Teams), or signed up for an individual subscription plan. Instead, if you choose "Use without an account" you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.