How can i transfer mi 1Password license used in mi old laptop, to work on mi new one.

Burwick
Burwick
Community Member

I purchase ( 1password Version 6.2.1 mac app store). I use without problems in my old macbook pro. Now i am using a new Macbook pro, and when i tray to install from the App Store, it not appear in my App store Purchase tab. I don't need to continued using mi old matchbook pro. How can i use mi old 1Password license, in mi new macbook pro. I don't need to purchase two licenses, because i just use the program in one computer, the new one. Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Drop Box
Referrer: forum-search:How can i transfer mi 1Password license used in mi old laptop, to work on mi new one.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Burwick so long as you are using on your new MacBook Pro the same Apple ID as you used on your old MacBook Pro you will be able to download 1Password from the Mac App Store without charge. (There is no specific "licence" for Mac App Store apps—everything turns on you using the same Apple ID as when you originally purchased the app.)

Are you sure you are using the same Apple ID on both MacBooks?

Stephen

• Burwick
    Burwick
    Community Member

Thanks Steven. In my old macbook pro "about 1Password" said ( 1Passwor Version 6.2.1 Mac App Store ) But in the same old macbook pro, when i open the App Store page in Purchased tab, not apear mi 1Password available. I remember maybe some time ago i communicate at Apple Store to change my address, because find some problems to perform purchases thru App Store in the country where i lived at the moment. Maybe this is a problem in my App Store Acount?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Burwick,

This does sound like something you will need to discuss with Apple. Purchases from the Mac App Store are tied directly to your Apple ID. If you change your Apple ID, or change the country that you use for purchasing from the App Store, you might not see all your purchases in your purchase history. And since purchases through the Mac App Store are controlled directly by Apple, they will be the people to talk to about this.

I hope they are able to get this sorted out for you!

This discussion has been closed.