Upgrade vs New Downloand

annalisa
annalisa
Community Member

I'm currently running 1Password from 2012, v3.7.2 on my old computer, a MacBook Pro from 2008. I just purchased a new MacBook Pro yesterday. Can I purchase an upgrade for 1Password for my new computer rather than paying the full price to repurchase the latest version?
Thank you
Annalisa

1Password Version: 3.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I'm currently running 1Password from 2012, v3.7.2 Can I purchase and upgrade rather than paying the full price?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@annalisa this knowledge base article will help you with the options:

How to upgrade 1Password for Mac from version 3

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@annalisa: I don't see any records in our system matching this address, so if you're having trouble finding it, please check your records, as you'll have an email receipt regardless of where it was purchased. It should also include transaction details that may help track it down.

And then email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com so we can get you taken care of. Cheers! :)

• annalisa
    annalisa
    Community Member

Thank you @brenty and @Stephen_C for the reply. It turns out that my old 1Password was a family members account and I was one of the 5 computers where it was placed. For sake of ease I sucked up the cost and purchased a new license to use on my new computer. It was easy and seamlessly pairs with my iPhone. I am happy I was able to start from scratch... took some time to organize all my passwords again but it allowed me to do some housecleaning (something I hadn't done since 2012!). This is a great product and I highly recommend it to anyone on the fence.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the kind words, and your continued support! We couldn't do what we do without you and the rest of our awesome customers! :chuffed:

While starting from scratch is certainly daunting, you're very wise to take the opportunity to do some spring cleaning. I should probably do the same one of these days! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.