1Password has lost sync to primary vault

kstoll
kstoll
Community Member

Without going to the details (which I can provide if it's relevant), my 1Password primary vault lost sync to the vault on Dropbox. The vault file exists, and is configured properly on other Macs. However, when I try to re-establish linking through sync, it does not work.

I read some old older (circa 2013) posts that had similar problems, that essentially required me to put 1Password into a (near) pristine condition. The directions were not only involved and cumbersome, but seemed likely to be Mac OS Version specific. Agilebits support said that a better solution may be forthcoming. So, I am hoping for either that better solution, or updated directions for El Capitan.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

However, when I try to re-establish linking through sync, it does not work.

@kstoll: Can you elaborate? Are you receiving some sort of error message? Thanks in advance! :)

• kstoll
    kstoll
    Community Member

@brenty: Sure. I have tried a couple of things. First, I got into this mess by moving the vaults (I was able to reestablish connection with secondary vaults by removing and then reopening - by double-clicking them):

1. From Preferences -> Sync. Select Dropbox from dropdown. Navigate to vault. Click continue. Nothing happens. Click continue repeatedly. Still nothing. Click cancel and give up.

2. Read somewhere that 1Password should be able to track the moved vault file itself. Just quit 1Password and re-open. No luck. Repeat #1.

3. Read elsewhere that I need to turn off 1Password mini as well. Did that. Repeated #2. Repeated #1.

4. Double clicked on primary vault - creates new secondary vault with name "1Password".

One I haven't tried yet: tell 1Password to create a new vault file for primary vault. Then pull a switcheroo. Not sure if it'll work, and I'm worried I'll make things worse.

• Hi @kstoll,

I'm interested in understanding why nothing happens when you try to set up sync to Dropbox. I'd like you to try that one more time, and after you have to cancel out of it, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Also, please include the date and time when you tried to set up sync.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Cheers,
    Kevin

• kstoll
    kstoll
    Community Member

@ag_kevin: Thanks. I have sent in the diagnostic report. Here is the Support ID number: #SWG-97747-168.

Since you indicate that this behavior is unexpected, I have one theory, though I admit I'm just grasping at straws. I have been using 1Password for many years, and I noticed that the extension used for the vaults has changed. Most of my vaults have ".agilekeychain", but the newer ones are ".opvault". So, it may be that the mechanism that you have in place to connect to an existing vault doesn't work with the older file formats.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kstoll,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: SWG-97747-168

This discussion has been closed.