Not all things are imported when moving to OPVault format or importing to Family account

Options
Easycure1974
Easycure1974
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Families

I first tried to move my old Agile keychain data to the new OPVault format. But after some days using it I noticed that not all data was in the new vault. I had the card and its title but no data in it. It was several email accounts card that I have noticed it in but it could be more, dont wanna spend time checking up all of 350 cards and see if the data in them are complete. I went back using the Agile Keychain vault again. But today I tried to move my data to a Family account and noticed the same thing. What could it possibly be that makes some data disappear in the import?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 and OSX El Capitan
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Easycure1974: Wow. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble there! That sounds really confusing and frustrating... :(

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you experiencing the same issue migrating data on multiple platforms? I wonder if the files have become damaged. Have you tried saving a fresh backup and then restoring to an older one to see if the problem is present there as well? It strikes me as odd (as it seems it does you as well) that the problem would be present across multiple vault formats and even 1Password Families which is different in its own right, and I hate to say it but that sounds like the data cannot be read properly, which sounds like corruption.

Ultimately it may be impossible to determine the cause since the data is encrypted and obviously you wouldn't want to grant us access to it, but a diagnostic report may help shed some light on things. Send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to try to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Easycure1974
    Easycure1974
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

I seemed to have fixed it myself. I removed all tags from my cards and deleted all my categories so the card was moved to the not assigned folder. Then I exported the cards and imported in a new OPVault and now everything seems ok.

But thanks for a quick answer! Now I shall try to import them to the family account again!

But now I wanna delete all imported things in the family account and re-import everything but the Windows 10 app is crashing as soon as I try to delete something and my MacBook Pro is at work. A tedious work to delete everything from my iPhone or iPad :)

• Jacob
    Options

@Easycure1974 Well that's good to hear! Aside from the crashing on Windows 10. That's not good. ;) Could you follow the same instructions brenty mentioned above for sending a Diagnostics Report on Windows only and also send over the crash reports? You can find out how to do that in the last section of the article. Same email address. Post back here when you've sent things and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

@Easycure1974: Just to avoid any confusion, since it sounds like you're using the 1Password for Windows 10 beta app, just follow this link:

Diagnostics Report (Windows 10)

We've also got an update in the works that should improve things. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.