how transfere 1Password from iBook to iBook

agilebits_jpk
agilebits_jpk
Community Member

I use 1Password on my iBookPro15" and I do not manage to transfer the content to my iBook13".

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:transfere content of 1Password from iBook to iBook

Comments

• Hi @agilebits_jpk ,

The easiest way is to transfer a backup file from one computer to the other. Here is how:

1. On your 15" MacBookPro, open 1Password and go to Preferences and click on Backups.
    2. Click "Backup Now"
    3. Click Show files and locate the newest file in the folder that appears.
    4. Copy that folder to your 13" MacBook. You can use a USB stick, File Sharing, Dropbox, or any other way of transferring the file. Let us know if you need assistance with this.
    5. When you get the file to your 13" MacBook, open 1Password and choose "Restore" from the file menu.
    6. Click "Find Backup" and locate the file you transferred from the other Mac.

That should do it. 1Password will quit after restoring and when you launch it again, you can enter your Master Password and see your items.

Note, this will not keep the two Macs in sync. If you want to do that, you may wish to look into the sync options described here. https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

Cheers,
    Kevin

• agilebits_jpk
    agilebits_jpk
    Community Member

DONE - including Synchronizing my iPhone via WLAN: THX alot, Kevin! Cheers Peter

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, @agilebits_jpk! On behalf of Kevin, you're most welcome. :) Cheers!

• agilebits_jpk
    agilebits_jpk
    Community Member

:) :) :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

:+1:

• agilebits_jpk
    agilebits_jpk
    Community Member

May I ask another related question PLEASE:

I faile installing the newest Safari-Extension.
    „Safari cannot install this extension“ ist always the answer.
    Do you have an idea what ist wrong?

THX and regards,
    Peter

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

You can always ask questions, @agilebits_jpk. :)

I'm sorry you are having this problem.

This problem is often fixed by simply restarting Safari. This is the first step you want to try, and likely the only one that will be required.

If the alert message is appearing during automatic updates, you can try uninstalling the 1Password extension and then reinstalling it.

I would recommend that you install the 1Password extension from the Safari Extension Gallery.

Please let me know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.