Difference between 1Password Families and 1 Password Teams?

CarolOrdemann
CarolOrdemann
Community Member

I'm using 1Password on my Portable Mac and Desktop Mac. I would like to also put it on my iPhone. The person who originally set me up and introduced me to 1Password....also used DropBox to set it up. I also have an iCloud account....actually 2 iCloud accounts. I'm unsure of whether to use 1Password Families or 1Password Teams.....or maybe I don't have to use either. Eventually I would like to get MY 1Password onto my husbands Desktop Computer/Portable Mac and iPhone. I've been putting some of his "distinctive" passwords etc into my 1 Password. Not sure what else I need to tell you....what else would you like to know??

Comments

• CarolOrdemann
    CarolOrdemann
    Community Member

Hope you got 1 Password Version and Extension Version and MaOS Version....I wrote them down in the space provided, but I don't see them here...I'm probably using the most recent of all 3....probably

• CarolOrdemann
    CarolOrdemann
    Community Member

MacOS 10.11.4
    4.5.6.90 that's the extension version on Google
    1Password 6
    Version 6.2.1 (621002)
    AgileBits Store

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CarolOrdemann,

I’d be happy to answer your questions and get you all set up with 1Password.

would like to also put it on my iPhone.

You can download 1Password from the iOS App Store. It’s a free app with some Pro features available for a one-time In-App Purchase.

If you’re already set up with Dropbox sync on your Mac, you can follow these instructions to set up the app and sync your 1Password data to 1Password for iOS:

Setting up 1Password as an existing user

Please note, at this time, you want to select the option to ‘use 1Password without an account’, since you’re syncing your data via Dropbox and not using 1Password Teams or 1Password Families.

I'm unsure of whether to use 1Password Families or 1Password Teams.....or maybe I don't have to use either.

You do not have to use 1Password Teams or 1Password Families, but I encourage you to take a peek at what our new 1Password accounts offer. There’s some great stuff there. :) Essentially, 1Password accounts would replace using Dropbox or iCloud to sync your data, and give you some nifty tools for managing vaults and sharing permissions.

If you would like to switch from Dropbox sync to a 1Password account, please let me know and I’d be happy to help you through that as well.

Eventually I would like to get MY 1Password onto my husbands Desktop Computer/Portable Mac and iPhone. I've been putting some of his "distinctive" passwords etc into my 1 Password.

One of the benefits of 1Password Families is that the subscription fee covers all of the licenses for all of the apps, and can be used by up to 5 members of your household. This would be great for getting your husband set up with 1Password as well.

When you’re thinking about sharing passwords with your family, there are a few ways that you can go about this: either share all of your information (by sharing a single vault), or creating a second vault that contains all of the information that you need to share and sharing only that vault. Personally, I recommend the second option, as its simple to set up and it keep your information nicely organized.

To learn more about sharing a vault, have a read through our article here:

Sharing a vault.

I hope I’ve answered your questions, but we’re here for you if we can do anything further!

• CarolOrdemann
    CarolOrdemann
    Community Member

Can we pay for phone support???? I am still confused

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

Hi @CarolOrdemann,

All customer support is included in the cost of 1Password. :) I've just sent you an email offering further assistance. Let's continue the conversation there, and we'll do our best to help you get 1Password up and running on all your devices and your husband's devices. Cheers!
    ref: LKD-35822-737

This discussion has been closed.