how do i move from my old pc to my new mac? I have a single licence

AndrewNewman
AndrewNewman
Community Member

Hi

I have one license setup on my old laptop.
I need to move it to my new Mac.

What do you suggest

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do i move from my old pc to my new mac? I have a single licence

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AndrewNewman,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy 1Password and want to use it in more of your devices. The license that you have is only for 1Password for Windows, however if you go to the AgileBits Store and type there your license code you'll get a very nice discount for 1Password for Mac :chuffed: I've resent you your license in case you need it.

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you!

• AndrewNewman
    AndrewNewman
    Community Member

Thanks,

Drat... more money.

Is it easy enough to move the secure passwords?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AndrewNewman,

Is it easy enough to move the secure passwords?

Yes, it's very easy! One way is to use Dropbox sync. To do that, start by setting up Dropbox sync on Windows: Setting up Dropbox sync (Windows)

Then, when you open 1Password on your Mac and go through the setup, you'll be able to choose your sync file from Dropbox. We explain that process in more detail here: Use existing 1Password data on a new computer

Alternately, if you don't want to use Dropbox and/or don't need to keep your 1Password data in sync between both computers (i.e. you won't be using it on Windows anymore), you can simply copy your .agilekeychain or .opvault vault folder from Windows to your Mac, and choose that when setting up 1Password for Mac: Elsewhere on your Mac

Does that help? If you have any trouble with that or just have more questions, please let us know - we're here for you! :)

• AndrewNewman
    AndrewNewman
    Community Member

Hi again,

I'm not finding this easy.
    The dropbox route isn't obvious. I don't know where the sync file is.. or if it actually exists

If I have to pay for a new license, then I want to keep the 2 laptops in sync, and the phone.

do you have a call center?

• AndrewNewman
    AndrewNewman
    Community Member

Hmm, so What if I'm changing dropbox accounts at the same time as changing computers?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AndrewNewman,

I’m sorry that you’re struggling with this! We’ll work with you until we have you all synced up across all your devices, don’t worry.

Hmm, so What if I'm changing dropbox accounts at the same time as changing computers?

My advice here would be to set up your new Dropbox account on your ‘old’ laptop first. This way, when you set up sync (using the instructions that Drew mentioned above), you’ll be saving your 1Password information into the new Dropbox account.

I don't know where the sync file is.. or if it actually exists

Could you take a look at the set-up instructions for Windows that Drew shared and let me know where in the process things stopped making sense? We’ll work forward from there.

This discussion has been closed.