licensing question

jimmy1
jimmy1
Community Member

i bought 1 password v4.1.2 from apple/itunes - price was 17.99. i have it loaded on my iMac - however it's saying trial expired - enter the license number. when i sign in to apple it's not showing it as a purchase when I'm on my desktop...so i can't redownload it. also the 3.9.2 extension works in safari, the 4.5.5 does not. no extension works in chrome anymore.......can you help. i of course need to use 1password on all my devices. can you please help / shine some light on what the issue is. thanks in advance. jimmy

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jimmy1 ,

It sounds like you’ve purchased 1Password for iOS. In order to use 1Password on your Mac, you’ll need a license for the desktop version of 1Password. You can purchase that license either from the AgileBits Store or the Mac App Store.

We’ve recently introduced a new way to use 1Password that you might be interested in as a substitute for the traditional license. 1Password Families is a subscription model that will allow you to use 1Password with your family, and the price of all the apps is included in the subscription price.

I’d be happy to answer any questions you have about these options.

also the 3.9.2 extension works in safari, the 4.5.5 does not. no extension works in chrome anymore

It is important that you use the correct version of the extension for the version of 1Password that you are using on your Mac.

If you are using 1Password 3 for Mac, you’ll want to use the version 3 extension, available here. If you’re using 1Password 4 or later, you need to be using the extension found here.

I’d be curious to know a bit more about what you’re seeing from the extension: if you can provide a little bit more detail on what “not working” looks like, we’ll be better able to help you work through this. Some examples of detail that could help:

• Is 1Password giving you an error message? If so, what does it say?
    • Is 1Password failing to unlock?
    • Is 1Password failing to fill? If so, is this happening on one particular site, or all sites that you use?
This discussion has been closed.