1Password animation is slow and clunky in Chrome. It takes 1-2 minutes before I can start using it.

1234jane
1234jane
Community Member

It takes 1-2 minutes before I can start using it. I get the rainbow wheel of death and it freezes up if I try to access 1Password too soon. It used to work perfectly, then the lock started turning more slowly, next the "door" opening got stuck. Now it won't even work immediately once it's open.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.2.1 (621001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:The animation is slow and clunky when I sign in using the Chrome extension.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @1234jane,

I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with 1Password! Our developers have been tracking an issue where 1Password is slow to unlock, and we think we have it resolved. The next update to 1Password for Mac should have your system behaving better.

• 1234jane
    1234jane
    Community Member

Hi Megan,

Thanks! When do you expect to release the update to 1Password for Mac?

Jane

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@1234jane the best answer we can offer is "soon." Guessing on a new release is kind of like forecasting the weather: If something changes at the last minute, an otherwise good prediction can be totally wrong. Kind of like how my wife's recent graduation party had to change venues because a day that was supposed to be bright and sunny turned out to be overcast with a chance of snow :( But we always try to get these things out to our customers as soon as possible so everyone can enjoy all the improvements we've made :)

• 1234jane
    1234jane
    Community Member

:)

• 1234jane
    1234jane
    Community Member

Actually last night I downloaded the most recent version of 1Password for Mac and the animation is working fine again now, not slow and clunky at all. So my immediate problem is solved for now and I can wait patiently for the new release. Thanks for your help.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@1234jane on Megan's behalf, you are welcome! I'm glad everything's working as intended again :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.