Firefox Extension VERY Slow on My Mac

Hurangeshu
Hurangeshu
Community Member

When I use Firefox, it takes 20 or 30 seconds (and sometimes longer) for the 1P extension to fill in information. This does not happen in either Chrome or Safari - those extensions both work almost instantaneously. Firefox hasn't always been slow, though - it used to work just as fast as Chrome/Safari - this started happening recently. Approximately a month ago, it started slowing down and now the wait time is just ridiculous. Please help!

I have the latest release of Firefox (46.0.1) and of 1P (6.2.1) and I'm using a 15" MB Pro (mid 2014), 10.11.4 - 2.8 GHz i7, 16GB ram.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Firefox extension slow on mac

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Hurangeshu it's possible this issue is already fixed in the 1Password 6.3 betas. In the meantime, does the problem go away when you quit and re-launch 1Password...or when you restart 1Password mini (1Password > Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini)?

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Hurangeshu,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the 1Password extension in Chrome! Hopefully restarting 1Password mini (as Stephen suggested) will help. Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• Hurangeshu
    Hurangeshu
    Community Member

Wow, that seems to have actually worked. I wish I would have tried that a month ago! The Firefox extension is nice and zippy again.

Many thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Hurangeshu,

I’m so glad to hear that you’re back to speedy again!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.