rich icon for Hazel 4 not showing up in 1password on mac

jeffknouse
jeffknouse
Community Member

I upgraded Hazel 3 to Hazel 4. When I created a software license entry for Hazel 4 it has the generic icon. Hazel 3 entry has the Hazel icon. How do I get the Hazel icon to show up in the Hazel 4 software license entry?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:rich icon for Hazel 4 not showing up in 1password on mac

Comments

• jeffknouse
    jeffknouse
    Community Member

1Password 6 ver 6.2.1 (621002)

I upgraded Hazel 3 to Hazel 4. When I created a software license entry for Hazel 4 it has the generic icon. Hazel 3 entry has the Hazel icon. How do I get the Hazel icon to show up in the Hazel 4 software license entry?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:rich icon for Hazel 4 not showing up in 1password on mac

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @jeffknouse,

I think I can help you with this.

Assuming these are both Software License item types, that should be possible.

The icons on Mac OS X for software licenses are determined by the name of the item itself. The way it works basically is that the title of the item needs to match the exact name of the application in your Application directory. If that's the case it will use the icon from the app.

So if the application is "Hazel 4" you should name your item "Hazel 4."

Furthermore there some other parts we filter out, so in the case where the app is call "Hazel 4" we should technically allow "License for Hazel 4", "Hazel 4 software license", "Hazel 4 company license", "Hazel 4 family license", "Hazel 4 serial number" and still find the icon.

If none of these are acceptable names for you, you can just create a custom icon. You can do so by just putting the item into edit mode, double click icon and select the application from the Applications folder.

Hope this helps.

• jeffknouse
    jeffknouse
    Community Member

Thank you. You solution worked perfect.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

@jeffknouse on behalf of nathanvf, you're welcome! I'm glad to hear this solution worked, if there's anything else that we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.