Passwords in previous version all gone

mikethebike53
mikethebike53
Community Member

With this latest version I found out that I cannot find my previously written passwords . A real bumme because this was the sole readon for mevto buy 1password! Can you tell me how to access the previously installed passwords again ? I had in the list of many. How can I reset my latest change to find the whole list of passwords, I already had in 1 password

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mikethebike53,

I'm sorry to hear that you've found some issues with 1Password. First of all, you can be reassured that your data is safe! I would like to ask you a few questions so we get a better picture of what's going on. What do you mean by "I cannot find my previously written passwords"? Do you have a copy of an old version of 1Password? What do you mean by "the previously installed passwords"? Were you saving them in 1Password and suddenly you can't see them anymore? What changes did you make to 1Password before you found this problem?

• mikethebike53
    mikethebike53
    Community Member

I only just opened the 1Password icon ( it must have updated several times, because it looks 100% different from the last time I opened it . that was several months ago.
    Anyway, I have put approx 30 passwords in the previous version, but in this new version all I can do is make new vaults, new this or that, but nowhere a tab to go to the passwords that have allready been saved in the app. that is my problem. plus I need one password because I go on holiday tomorrow

• mikethebike53
    mikethebike53
    Community Member

I have installed approx. 30 passwords in the previous version of 1Password. ( maybe 1,5 years ago.) when opening the latest version ( it looks 100% different..) I cannot find a tab which will lead me to what I have previously saved. That is my problem
    plus I am going on a holiday tomorrow , and need my creditcard code..

• mikethebike53
    mikethebike53
    Community Member

I have installed approx. 30 passwords in the previous version of 1Password. ( maybe 1,5 years ago.) when opening the latest version ( it looks 100% different..) I cannot find a tab which will lead me to what I have previously saved. That is my problem
    plus I am going on a holiday tomorrow , and need my creditcard code..

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mikethebike53,

I'm not completely sure of what's going on, so I'd like to ask you to please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much! :chuffed:

• mikethebike53
    mikethebike53
    Community Member

waiting for your reaction, please..

• mikethebike53
    mikethebike53
    Community Member

I can do this diagnostic report, but the problem is not on my macbook, but on my iphone app, so doesn't it make more sense to run a test on the iphone?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: kb:diagnostics

• mikethebike53
    mikethebike53
    Community Member

Pilar,

I found the problem, too stupid to confess, but the thing is < I have the files stored in an other app with a name almost like yours. My sincere appologies. Thank you for your time and energy you have put into this. Mikethebike53

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mikethebike53,

Don't worry about it, I'm always happy to help! If you tell us the name of the app you had before we might be able to help you transfer your data into 1Password, there are some really nice tools for that :chuffed:

• mikethebike53
    mikethebike53
    Community Member

it is ipassword. and a transfer would be nice, because the one i use now ( ipassword) is nowhere near as easy to use as your app..so tell me what to do to transfer the files and passwords

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mikethebike53, I went ahead and moved this to our iOS forum since you're planning to use 1Password for iPhone. That way the right people will be able to find this thread a little easier :)

The easiest way to import your passwords from iPassword might just be to manually copy and paste them. I know that's not ideal, but it doesn't look like we have a method of importing your data right from iPassword, either as a built-in solution or as part of MrC's Convert to 1Password Utility. But the good news is that you only have to go through this process once, and then you'll be all set!

This discussion has been closed.