Can I erase and recreate the 1password folder to start refresh syncing on dropbox?

bwhite34471
bwhite34471
Community Member

we have a mac and two IOS devices. syncing on dropbox stopped working correctly. Keeping all my data can I start fresh on a new 1passworld folder and then resync all the devices? Dropbox itself is syncing all other folders that we use.. So I thought starting a new 1passworld folder in dropbox would be a good idea. Will the Mac 1password program create a new one if I delete the old one? Or how should I do it? ...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:dropbox-troubleshooting, kb-search:how safe is cloud sync, kb:sync-options-security, kb-search:how safe is cloud sync, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting

Comments

• Hi @bwhite ,

To confirm, you want to get rid of the current Dropbox sync file and create a new one. If that is correct, please follow the instructions below. These instructions assume you have all of your 1Password data on your Mac. If your Mac 1Password data is not up-to-date, do not do the steps below and let us know.

1. In 1Password on your Mac, go to Preferences and click on Backup. Then click the Backup Now button. This is just a precaution.
    2. Then go to Preferences and click on Sync.
    3. Select your vault and set the Sync popup menu to None. When asked, check the checkbox to remove your sync data from Dropbox. This will erase the file on Dropbox.
    4. After that has been finished, set Sync back to Dropbox again and go through the setup procedure. When it is finished take note of the path of the file. You will use this path to set up sync from your iOS devices.
    5. On your iOS Devices, launch 1Password, they may warn you that Sync has been turned off. Go to Settings, Vaults, select your vault, and set up sync again, selecting the new file you created in the previous step. Note that sometimes it can take a while to show new files in Dropbox on iOS. If you don't see the file in the list when setting up sync, try again later. Usually there's no delay, but I have seen delays in the past.

That should do it. Please reply if you have further questions or need assistance with one of the steps above.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.