New to 1Password, confused on the difference between regular and Families.

Options
BenMc19
BenMc19
Community Member

Hello, I am completely new to 1Password. I am doing the Families trial, as I would like a way for my wife and I to use the convenience and security of knowing a master password and letting you guys keep everything else secured. I have downloaded the android app and the windows 10 app, as well as the windows desktop app and chrome browser extension.

My confusion is I feel like I am running two different trials, the original 1password, as well as the 1password Families.

My main question is: Is there anyway to use the Chrome extension to tap into the Families vaults? It requires me to download the windows desktop app, and I haven't found a way to get that desktop app to find my vaults inside my Families account. Am I missing something here?

I want to get my wife onboard, but the only way I can do that is if there is an easy way for her to use the chrome extension so she can quickly log in to all of her websites quickly.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• chadseld
    Options

Hi Ben,

The Windows 10 app will be adding support for browser extensions in the future.
    The Windows Desktop app already supports browser extensions, but will not be gaining Teams support.

At this point in time, the functionality of browser extensions and Teams do not intersect on Windows, but we are working to make it so.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

The Windows Desktop app already supports browser extensions, but will not be gaining Teams support.

Huh, which version? 4.6 or 6?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@XIII 1Password 4 for Windows won't be getting updated with support for 1Password Families or 1Password Teams.

1Password 6 for Windows (which was just released as a beta) has support for 1Password Families and 1Password Teams and we're hard at work on support for browser extensions, too :)

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dahanbn Yes, of course ;)

This discussion has been closed.