How to connect Chrome Plugin to Families Cloud account vs. Dropbox keychain in Windows 4.6.0?

Options
Neel
Neel
Community Member

I have been using 1Password 4.6.0.604 on Windows 10 using the Dropbox sync. I sync logins between the desktop client, Android phone, and Chrome extension. Chrome version is 50.0.2661.102 m.

I just upgraded to 1Password for Families. In the process, I also installed the 1Password Universal App for Windows. I was able to successfully connect the UWP app to my Families account.

I can't figure out how to redirect the Chrome extension to use the Families Vault instead of the Dropbox vault for filling in web logins or saving new ones in the Families account. How do I do this?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604(15) and Families
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90 (Google Chrome)
OS Version: 6.2.9200 (Windows 10)
Sync Type: Dropbox but moving to Families
Referrer: kb-search:upgrade to families, kb:pro-features-android, kb-search:upgrade to families, kb:keyboard-shortcuts-web, kb:teams-families-setup

Comments

• Neel
    Neel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response. Is the integration with the browser plug in on the road map?

Related to this, should I be able to launch automatic logins from the Families browser app in Chrome? I can't seem to figure out how to do that either (which is why I was looking for the connection to the browser extension.) I did see that this is doable from the UWP app, but it launches a different browser than Chrome. Is it possible to specify a different default browser?

Can you comment as to whether browser integration is on the Families roadmap?

• Neel
    Neel
    Community Member
    Options

Dahanbn,

Thanks for taking the time to help a fellow user. :-) While I like the ability get my passwords on a wider array of devices, the UWP app and Families are pretty raw. Will see how things evolve. I'm hoping the solution matures and lives up to the quality of the standalone products.

Thanks again!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dahanbn thanks for helping answer these questions!

@neel I can shed a little more light here for you :)

I can't figure out how to redirect the Chrome extension to use the Families Vault instead of the Dropbox vault for filling in web logins or saving new ones in the Families account. How do I do this?

Unfortunately we don't currently have browser extension support for the Windows 7+ or Windows 10 betas. We are hoping to offer these as soon as we can. For now, you can use Go & Fill from within the apps, which will automatically send you to the site and fill in your info.

Related to this, should I be able to launch automatic logins from the Families browser app in Chrome? I can't seem to figure out how to do that either (which is why I was looking for the connection to the browser extension.) [...] Can you comment as to whether browser integration is on the Families roadmap?

We've seen a few requests for this feature. It would certainly be handy, but we don't have anything to share on this front just yet.

Thanks for taking the time to help a fellow user. :-) While I like the ability get my passwords on a wider array of devices, the UWP app and Families are pretty raw. Will see how things evolve. I'm hoping the solution matures and lives up to the quality of the standalone products.

One of the benefits of 1Password Families is the ability to use it with those standalone products. Right now our Windows apps are in beta, and our developers are hard at work to continually improve them. We're excited about the potential these apps have already shown and strive to make all of our apps equally appealing to our customers. That being said, everything has to start somewhere :)

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Good catch :) That's what I get for sending the message before double-checking to make sure I'd specified the Windows 10 beta app.

• Neel
    Neel
    Community Member
    Options

@nmott @dahanbn

How do I use "Go & Fill" in the Win 10 UWP app? I can only find "Browse" in the upper right hand corner. Is that the same thing?

Thanks for your help and detailed response as well.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Neel I have to confess that Windows is not my specialty, so I'm unable to give this a go myself, but you should be able to use Go & Fill by clicking on the 'globe' icon in the item details, so long as you have the latest version of the Windows 10 beta from the Windows Store.

• Neel
    Neel
    Community Member
    Options

Understood. I think that's what I was doing. Issue for me is that it opens the 1Password browser vs. Chrome. I have a lot of extensions which make that critical for me.

• Jacob
    Options

@Neel We're working on an extension to join the club of yours in Chrome. :) It's not ready quite yet, though, so keep an eye out for updates. For now we recommend open and fill with the built-in browser.

• Neel
    Neel
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect. I'll stay tuned!

• Jacob
    Options

:+1: :sunglasses:

This discussion has been closed.